Throughout the 40 weeks of pregnancy the female body goes through various changes - many of which are due to hormonal fluctuations and weight gain. These changes affect the muscles, joints, ligaments, and the overall posture. As most Moms know, every body responds to these changes in a different way. In fact, the same woman may experience significant differences from one pregnancy to another. This specialized form of physical therapy can be effective in providing a smooth and pain free transition through such important period in a woman's life. Additionally, it will prepare her for an easy and informed delivery as well as provide insight into methods for a quick recovery at postpartum.
If you are pregnant, ask your OB/GYN whether physical therapy is appropriate for you or call us for more detailed information and to find out how it could benefit you.
We Treat The Following Pregnancy Related Conditions:
- Pain associated with the back, rib-cage, pelvis, buttock, tailbone, sacroiliac joint (SI), hip, or pubic areas
- Instruction on how to prevent perineal tearing during vaginal delivery through perineal massage
- Understanding and gaining awareness of the muscles involved in delivery
- Determining appropriate birthing position if you have an injury
- Pelvic floor muscle strengthening (Kegels) to prevent perineal tearing, postpartum urinary incontinence, pelvic pain, and pelvic organ prolapse
- Maintaining appropriate exercise routine to stay in good physical shape - through exercise, Yoga and Pilates