If you have questions or are not sure if you need physical therapy - call for a free consultation or to schedule an appointment at (424) 249-9977.
What to Expect
- The initial evaluation will last one hour. We will go over your medical history, discuss your complaints and goals for physical therapy. We will perform several tests which lead to a physical therapy diagnosis. Then we will customize a plan of care specific to your needs and goals.
- We will discuss whether an internal pelvic floor muscle exam is indicated for you at the time of the initial evaluation. We will proceed with the examinations at your comfort level and you may pause or stop the evaluation at any point. All procedures will be explained and questions will be answered along the way.
- Follow-up sessions will typically last one hour. The frequency and length of the course will depend on a number of things which we will discuss during your initial evaluation. Your treatment schedule will be personalized as well.
- Wear comfortable clothes to all appointments.
- While we love children, we are not equipped to offer childcare at this time.
- Spouses and partners are welcome to come with you to your treatment sessions.
- Pelvica is a fee-for-service clinic - we collect payment at the time of the services provided.
- We are not contracted with private insurance providers or Medicare.
- As a courtesy, we will check benefits and submit claims for patients with out-of-network Physical Therapy benefits.
- We ask that you complete the paperwork ahead of your first appointment or arrive 15 minutes early to ensure that you utilize the full one hour with the Physical Therapist.
- Should you need to reschedule or cancel an appointment, a 24 hour advance notice is required. A $50 fee will apply for cancellations within 24 hours of your appointment.
- You may ask your physician for a prescription for physical therapy by having them fill out the following form.